Student Shippers brings you discounts on R+L Carriers You Crate. These crates are specially designed for shipping your goods. Made of ¾" plywood, the crate is reinforced to protect your cargo. Spring clamps hold the sides and top to the base which make assembly easy. Internal tie down points are perfect for securing a heavy item to the base. A basic flathead screwdriver used as a pry bar is all that is required to open the crate. Note: measurements listed are inside dimensions.
2. Rates are subject to current R + L Carriers fuel surcharge table.
3. Rates will only apply on shipments originating and destined to direct points as handled by R+L Carriers. Additional upcharge will apply for non-direct points of $100.00. Note: For zips 100-102, 025-026 the charge will be $250.00.
4. Residential Pickup or Delivery: $50.00
5. Appropriate notice must be given of 48 hours, excluding weekends and holidays, to allow for positioning of equipment.
6. Corrected or amended pickup or delivery locations will be accepted solely at R+L Carriers. Reconsignment charges will apply based on R+L Carriers Rules Tariff.
7. All charges are guaranteed by the party who has requested the service. The no-recourse section of the bills of lading may not be signed.
8. The pricing stated herein will not alternate with any otherwise applicable pricing.
9. All shipments will be subject to applicable rules and accessorial charges stated in R+L Carriers Rules Tariff effective at the time the shipment is tendered.
10. Guaranteed service is available subject to the rules and charges listed in R + L Carriers Rules tariff. Note: Not applicable on residential shipments.
11. Commercial You Crate service liability is per Item 170, RL Rules Tariff with a maximum of $25,000. Residential You Crate is $.10 per pound with a maximum of $25,000. Additional liability coverage is available and will apply as stated in R+L Carriers Rules Tariff. Must be purchased prior to freight tendered on R + L bills of lading and pickup is made.
12. Commercial Storage is available for You Crate and is subject to normal storage charges as stated in R + L Carrier’s Rules Tariff. For Residential Shipments, storage charges are $1.50 per day for a CUBE and $2.00 per day for a Tower.
13. Residential customers must pay in full prior to the service or before the goods are delivered.
14. Crates must be placed on hard flat surface and be pallet jack accessible. Extra trips required for positioning of crates or additional labor will be subject to our R + L Carriers Rules Tariff.
15. Customer paying freight is responsible for damaged or lost crates at a charge of $450.00 per crate.
16. Late return fee of crates will be assessed at $10.00 per day per crate, after two free days at origin or destination, excluding weekends and holidays.
17. A cancellation fee of $100.00 if shipment is cancelled within 48 hours of scheduled delivery of empty crate.
18. A maximum weight of 2,500 lbs and additional $250 will apply for any re-weigh fee exceeding the 2,500 lb. limitation.